Sunday, June 10, 2007

Choice Review

CHOICE REVIEWS

JUNE 2007

Simon, Christopher A. Alternative energy: political, economic, and social feasibility. Rowman & Littlefield , 2007. 233p bibl index afp ISBN 0-7425-4908-9, $75.00; ISBN 0-7425-4909-7 pbk, $27.95 . Reviewed in 2007jun CHOICE.

"A comprehensive introduction to alternative energy sources and their political, economic, and social feasibility. The topic is important, and there is much of value in Simon's evenhanded presentation of the vulnerabilities and advantages of each source (e.g., geothermal, solar, wind). Simon has produced an accessible, accurate description of how alternative energy sources work and the obstacles to their broader adoption. His book is a significant contribution to the literature. Highly recommended. General readers; students, lower-division undergraduate and up; researchers and practitioners."—-- R. E. O'Connor, National Science Foundation, CHOICE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of guy who enjoys to try new stuff. Right now I'm making my personal pv panels. I am making it all alone without the aid of my men. I'm utilizing the net as the only way to acheive that. I discovered a really brilliant site which explains how to make photovoltaic panels and so on. The site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I am not sure bout how correct the data given there is. If some guys over here who have xp with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the thread it would be grand and I would extremely treasure it, cauze I truly lav [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com/diy-solar-panel-construction-is-it-really-possible]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U people rock.